Aperture integration?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
mikar

Post by mikar »

I am also very interested in a Neat Image plug-in for Aperture. It'd improve the workflow noticeably by removing need to use PS Elements as a bridge between Aperture and NI. Free upgrade would be great as I only recently purchased Neat Image - but I could maybe pay a little extra for the plug-in version if it's well integrated to Aperture.
gregz3

Post by gregz3 »

mikar wrote:I am also very interested in a Neat Image plug-in for Aperture. It'd improve the workflow noticeably by removing need to use PS Elements as a bridge between Aperture and NI. Free upgrade would be great as I only recently purchased Neat Image - but I could maybe pay a little extra for the plug-in version if it's well integrated to Aperture.
Ditto. I am also very interested in an Aperture version. I am currently a Photoshop NI user, but would love to be an Aperture NI user.
gsfprez

Re: vote for plugin

Post by gsfprez »

mitch wrote:I'm sure you probably don't need a thousand posts on this thread from everyone, but I just want to say that an Aperture plugin for neatimage would save me lots of round trips. I'd even pay a little extra to have a NI plugin (tho i suspect that many would expect a free upgrade :)
not me - i'm ready to give you more money AHEAD of time if it would in any way help get a NI Aperture plug in done.

i don't want to get "the other guys'" plugin - yours is fantastic, and you don't charge a zillion bucks for it.

seriously - if you need up front payment - i'm in.
gregz3

Re: vote for plugin

Post by gregz3 »

gsfprez wrote:
mitch wrote:I'm sure you probably don't need a thousand posts on this thread from everyone, but I just want to say that an Aperture plugin for neatimage would save me lots of round trips. I'd even pay a little extra to have a NI plugin (tho i suspect that many would expect a free upgrade :)
not me - i'm ready to give you more money AHEAD of time if it would in any way help get a NI Aperture plug in done.

i don't want to get "the other guys'" plugin - yours is fantastic, and you don't charge a zillion bucks for it.

seriously - if you need up front payment - i'm in.
Yep, I'll pre-pay too!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you, guys. We are working on this plug-in to make it ready as soon as possible. There is no need to pre-pay. We will only accept payments for something that can already be used. In any case, thank you!

Vlad
planky

Post by planky »

NITeam wrote:Thank you, guys. We are working on this plug-in to make it ready as soon as possible. There is no need to pre-pay. We will only accept payments for something that can already be used. In any case, thank you!

Vlad
Nice to hear! I have been trying to use the noise reduction in Aperture and it just does not come close to the results I can get with the Neat Image plugin.

I cannot wait.

:D :D
Richard Marcellus

How is the Aperture plug-in progressing

Post by Richard Marcellus »

Do you have any idea when you may be ready with an Aperture plug-in? I tried Nik's plug-in for Aperture and I prefer yours.

Richard
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We currently working on it. I expect it to be ready in January.

Vlad
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Here we go, Neat Image v6 plug-in for Aperture.

Enjoy!

Kind regards,
Vlad
philgross

64-bit for Aperture 3.0?

Post by philgross »

Hi, sorry if this is elsewhere on the site, but I didn't see it: What is the status of making a 64-bit version of the Aperture plugin, so I don't need to reboot Aperture to 32-bit mode just to use it?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It is in the works currently.

Vlad
philgross

Post by philgross »

Ah, great news, thanks!
ralphbassfeld

Example of Aperture 3 Neat image plugin in action

Post by ralphbassfeld »

I wrote a short post on using Aperture 3 and have an example of a photo processed with the Neat Image plug-in: http://bassfeld.posterous.com/example-o ... nd-the-nea

I now use the Neat Image plug-in in most of my post-production processing, as a last step before export.