Problem with Batch profiling

questions about practical use of Neat Image
janarne

Problem with Batch profiling

Post by janarne »

Hello,
i wanted to make profiles in a batch, it works BUT not i need an option to make profiles only if the quality is for example at least 90%.
(otherwise don't make a profile)
Because i figured out in neat every percent counts for quality.
The second problem is there is no way to manage in or outside neat the Profiles with priority of ProfileQuality like i need it.
For example an FileEditor in Neat to view the Profiles in a list which they can be sortet by Camera,ISO,Quality,Shutterspeed and so on.

OR

the easier way is that neat shoud writea tag with in the Filename for Profilequaliy like this:

FinePix S602 ZOOM (Q90) (ISO200; 3bpp; SharpNormal; 2832x2128; WB code(12); 1by210s).dnp

where (Q90) stands for profilequality of 90 percent.
(This should be the first tag, because only this way it could be sortet in the windows explorer be name/quality)

the normal file i get is only:
FinePix S602 ZOOM (ISO200; 3bpp; SharpNormal; 2832x2128; WB code(12); 1by210s).dnp

I don't know if this 2 things are easy to solve or my questions are better in the feature-request part of this forum.

greets
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, this is a feature suggestion. Thank you for this suggestion, we will certainly consider it. I will move this thread to the corresponding section of the forum.

Thank you!
Vlad
janarne

Post by janarne »

thank you,
i would update my licence from home to pro if you could improve the batchprofiler.

greets
janarne

update

Post by janarne »

I want to update my suggestion,
i think the quality-tag should stand at the and of the filename like this

E-420 (ISO800; SharpNormal; 3648x2736; WB code (14); 1by400s; Q096).dnp

and should look like Qxxx / for example Q096 (and not Q96)

I am make actually a profile set by hand and i added the Q-Tag to get an overview what i have.

greets from greece
janarne

Post by janarne »

Hello NiTeam
it is now about 8 months ago, and i want to ask if it is posibbe that this feature (i mean the Quality-Tag at the end of the FileName) could be implemented in future (maybe in 6.2 or 6.3) because i still needed very much, and i think it should be not so difficult to implement this feature.

greets from Germany
greets from greece
janarne

No answer?

Post by janarne »

Dear NI-team i am really dissapointed that i didnt get an answer, it is now 19 Months (!) ago, and i still need a feature like a small Q-Tag in the Profilename. I am sure this is usefull also for other users and really easy to do with a tiny variable/codepiece. I also said i Update to Pro when u could arrange it. (So you benefit also).

greets , and i hope i get an answer
greets from greece
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We have been very busy with other new features that were requested by Neat Image users much more frequently, so this particular feature was not yet implemented (btw, we received no requests from other users about it so far). We have been working on some new stuff for Neat Image and we will try to get back to the issues you mentioned a bit later, probably using a somewhat different solution to the problem you originally described.

Thank you,
Vlad
janarne

Post by janarne »

Ok, thanks or the answer.

My main problem is that there is no possibillity to see the Quality of a profile file without to open the file
(all other things like ISO , Shutterspeed an d others are in the file name.)
And the quality of a Profile is the most important parameter of all, so i think there is no reason why it is not a good idea to take it on board.

greets
greets from greece
janarne

THX++

Post by janarne »

Thank You for adding the quality-tag feature in neat image 7.0 !!!
that is really great, it saves a lot of time for example:
manual profiling+ renaming the profiles: 2 Hours
the same stack in Batchmode about 1,5 Minutes!
i will update in june

THX++
greets from greece