Confused!

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Sally

Confused!

Post by Sally »

Hi,

I've just started 'trying' to use Neat Image for the first time today and I am totally confused. :oops: I have uploaded about 3 images so far and done the auto profile bit, then tried to manually adjust noise levels etc. But I haven't been able to notice much difference in the images I have edited and some have even looked worse. I also hoped there would be a sort of split screen, where I could compare the image before and after, but I haven't been able to find this. :?

Could somebody please help? :( I get so confused with these type of things, but really want to get the best out of this software, as I have seen others' do. I have used images where you can't see much noise and images where there is a lot of noise. I shoot in JPEG and have the Pro + version (if this helps).

I have deleted all the images I edited, so don't have any examples to show at the moment if needed.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Lets take one image and try to process it together. Please send us an image to support [at] neatimage.com. We will then use the Quick start workflow to process it.

If you tried that worfklow, please try again, paying special attention to the step "Build noise profile using Auto Profile". Make sure the selected area contains visible noise. This is very important.

After you try that, please send a sample original image to the above e-mail address.

Thank you,
Vlad
Sally

Post by Sally »

It's ok thank you, I think I have worked it out! :D