Chroma noise remains

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Bphlegmatic

Chroma noise remains

Post by Bphlegmatic »

Tried the latest Plug in version Of Neat Image and must say I like the GUI and the speed of the the plugin. Great improvement. However some of my Canon ISO 6400 pictures have blotchy reddish patches in dark and mid tone areas, even though I tweaked the noise profile and used the low filter. While this version is better than previous versions this kind of noise still remains. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Try to include those patches into the analysis area used by Auto Profile to build a noise profile.

Also, try to increase the noise levels in the noise filter settings (in Advanced mode; menu Tools > Advanced mode) for the Cr/Cb channels.

If those patches are large then Very Low Freq option should be used too.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
Bphlegmatic

chroma noise reamains

Post by Bphlegmatic »

Thanks Vlad

I tried your suggestion .(It was similar to what I tried originally) .
The noise is slightly reduced but still visible. I tried reapplying NI a second time after readjusting for the first application (new noise profile) and filtered using the max on the Chroma noise and VLF filter . Result still better but trace still remains.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Could you send a sample original to support [at] neatimage.com? We would take a look.

Vlad
Bphlegmatic

Post by Bphlegmatic »

On its way Thanks

Phleg