Two questions about version 7 for Mac: Match % and pointer

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Indydan

Two questions about version 7 for Mac: Match % and pointer

Post by Indydan »

I just upgraded to version 7 from version 4.6. There are two things I am not sure of. When I use auto profile, it gives me a quality %, but it is written (AP) for match. The older version would usually give 100% for match. What does AP mean? And is this normal? It seems to work well.

The second thing is that I am used to having the little hand with the index finger pointer. This pointer allows me to move the picture around within the Neatimage window. On version 7, it is a plus sign pointer, and I cannot move within the image. I now have to use the 2 scroll bars to move within the image. Is there a way to change the pointer to be able to move the image (much faster and more accurate).

Thanks for your help!
NITeam

Re: Two questions about version 7 for Mac: Match % and point

Post by NITeam »

Indydan wrote:I just upgraded to version 7 from version 4.6. There are two things I am not sure of. When I use auto profile, it gives me a quality %, but it is written (AP) for match. The older version would usually give 100% for match. What does AP mean? And is this normal? It seems to work well.
Yes, this is normal, it means the same thing - the profile was built by Auto Profile ("AP") using this very image therefore match by definition is equal 100% and we just say "(AP)" to indicate these two things (by AP and 100%) at the same time using such a short note.
Match value is practically important when you load a profile built using another image and you want to be sure that the profile matches the current image. When you build images using Auto Profile, match figure is irrelevant, because you know that the profile is from the same image.
Indydan wrote:The second thing is that I am used to having the little hand with the index finger pointer. This pointer allows me to move the picture around within the Neatimage window. On version 7, it is a plus sign pointer, and I cannot move within the image. I now have to use the 2 scroll bars to move within the image. Is there a way to change the pointer to be able to move the image (much faster and more accurate).
Yes, there a very fast way (the same as in Photoshop): press-and-hold the spacebar and drag the image using the mouse.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
Indydan

Thanks!

Post by Indydan »

Thank you. That answers my questions perfectly.