How to assign filter presets to corresponging noise profiles

questions about practical use of Neat Image
lightfriend

How to assign filter presets to corresponging noise profiles

Post by lightfriend »

Hi people,
after upgrading from Version 6 to V7 I am now unable to control the filter presets(nfp) by the noise profile names (dnp). In V6 I could save the filter presets in the profile folder (app data/Virtual Store/matched names). If the filter presets name is identical to the profile name the filter setting is matched from the profile name.
In V6 There were these settings possible:
1.:
Preset Matching options. Tools | Options | Matching | Preset Matching| "Look for preset in folder of used profile".
2.:
Tools | Options | Defaults | Default Filter Preset, "Auto match preset"

In V7 I cannot find any setting about how to match filter setting with a corresponding noise profile. The filter preferences settings allow only one program default or assigning one filter preset.
Hopefully someone knows if there exist a way to assign one filter presets with one noise profile.
Help is desperately needed.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Unfortunately no, the current version 7.3 does not include that older way of preset matching. It is possible that we add that feature later, in newer updates, but at this point it is not available yet.

You still can assign presets manually. That is quite easy to do in the list of tasks:
- add many images to the list of tasks,
- select a group of images that you want to assign a specific preset,
- select that preset using the popup menu or menu Task > Load Filter Preset.

Then the selected preset will be assigned to all selected images.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
lightfriend

Post by lightfriend »

Hi Vlad,
thank you for the fast response even when its bad news. To me this is a strictly no-go for the Version 7.
I have now to manually sort out the pictures according to their isos and manually assign each iso level to the filter preset.
That slows down my workflow dramatically.
In my opinion this is not really a software improvement in this behaviour. What was the reason to kick off that "feature"?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It was not kicked off, it was not re-implemented (v7 was built from scratch) because it was not considered first priority feature. According to the feedback we receive, only a few people actually miss it in v7 so far.
Again, it is quite possible that it will be added in v7 in one of the next updates.

Vlad