Changing two-finger zoom to two-finger pan?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Rob Galbraith

Changing two-finger zoom to two-finger pan?

Post by Rob Galbraith »

Hi ABSoft,

Is there a way to configure Neat Image Pro 7.6 (Mac Photoshop plug-in version) so that sliding two fingers on the trackpad will pan around a zoomed-in picture rather than change the zoom level?

This would make Neat Image Pro be consistent with how a two-finger sliding gesture works for me in Photoshop CC 2014, and is also how I'd MUCH prefer for Neat Image Pro to behave.

If this isn't possible, either through a change to settings in Neat Image Pro, Photoshop or the trackpad system preference, please consider adding this capability to a future release.

Thanks!

-Rob Galbraith
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, it could be easier to use if two fingers worked for sliding and perhaps zooming (pinching). We are going to investigate the capabilities of the tools available to enable that in the newer versions. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Vlad
Rob Galbraith

Post by Rob Galbraith »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

If you do add pinch-to-zoom as well, please make it optional or just honour the user's Mac OS trackpad settings in this regard.

-Rob Galbraith
Tim

Post by Tim »

If you do add pinch-to-zoom as well, please make it optional or just honour the user's Mac OS trackpad settings in this regard.
Could you please explain this in more detail?
Thank you.
Image Image Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos
Rob Galbraith

Post by Rob Galbraith »

Hi Vlad,

Sure. Photoshop and various other image editing apps support trackpad pinch-to-zoom on the Mac (as I'm sure you know). To disable this specific capability – without disabling other trackpad gestures – requires only the unchecking of Zoom in or out in the Scroll & Zoom tab of the Trackpad system preference.

-Rob Galbraith
Tim

Post by Tim »

Thank you, Rob.
Image Image Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos