Implementing Neat Image as a Bibble Plugin ...

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
mhall

Implementing Neat Image as a Bibble Plugin ...

Post by mhall »

The new release of the Bibble RAW converter (v4.3) has opened a plug in interface for the software, allowing outside developers to integrate functionality right into the RAW converter.

They have already implemented the PTLens database and correction algorithms to help remove lens distortion right in the RAW files, a great enhancement.

Noise reduction would be another highly desirable feature to implement as an option at the time of RAW conversion.

Is this something that the NeatImage team will be considering? I currently use the standalone NeatImage on thousands of images a year, but would much prefer to have this implemented as a RAW conversion option.

I hope you will consider it!

Regards,
Micheal

(PS - Just in case: www.bibblelabs.com)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Micheal, thank you for the suggestion. We will certainly consider this new possibility.

Thank you,
Vlad
evogel99

Post by evogel99 »

I also would love to have the plug-in support Bibble. I brought this up on the Bibble board and this was their response.

---
The Neat Image folks would have to wrap a Bibble plug-in interface around their code - it's quite different from the Photoshop plug-in interface. You may want to drop a line to the folks at Neat Image and request a Bibble plug-in.

From the BPTLens readme :
Interested developers may obtain information on authoring Bibble plug-ins by emailing plugins@bibblelabs.com and placing "plugin" in the subject line. Please include a brief description of the application you have in mind.

-Colleen
wiesiek

Post by wiesiek »

I also use Bibble and Neat Image a lot (under Linux and Wine) and would love to have a possibility of combining their workflows. I keep my fingers crossed for further development of NI which is an awesome piece of software!

Wiesiek
Trax

Post by Trax »

I have experience with the API of Bibble. Is there something I can do to link these 2 great products. Bibble and Neat Image would be a kill combination.

I'm an experience software engineer, so if I can help. Please let me know. Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Trax,

Thank you for offering your help. We have the idea of implementing NI as a plug-in to Bibble in our wish list and we will come to considering and possibly implementing it in the near future (things go by plan and at the moment we still have to finish the work started earlier).

Also, not only Bibble+NI is asked about. - As you can see in another thread, the same idea is also suggested with respect to RSP. At some point, we will most likely have to decide whether it makes sense to support one, several, or all RAW converters available on the market or simply to work as an independent (though easily integrated into the PS-based RAW workflow) PS plug-in that takes the input from a RAW converter in PS, reduces the noise and provides a clean image to the rest of the PS workflow, about the same way NI works now after ACR. We have to consider all these options.

Thank you once again for offering your help,
Vlad
cogitech

Post by cogitech »

wiesiek wrote:I also use Bibble and Neat Image a lot (under Linux and Wine) and would love to have a possibility of combining their workflows. I keep my fingers crossed for further development of NI which is an awesome piece of software!

Wiesiek
My workflow is the same!

I'd also love to see these two great products working together in one interface. I'll cross my fingers too.
evogel99

Post by evogel99 »

Let me add my voice to those who would love to have an NI plug-in for Bibble. I am invested in and use both NI and Bibble -- and like them both greatly!
taob

Post by taob »

The same discussion is going on over on the Bibble forums too:

http://support.bibblelabs.com/webboard/ ... hp?p=15597
NeatImage Pro Plus 5.0 + dual Opteron 244 + Windows XP SP2 + FreeBSD 5.2
whatmeuser

Post by whatmeuser »

Being a registered user of both Neat Image Pro and Bibble Pro I've search their support fora and figured out that NI could be applied as a noise reduction plug-in sort-of by putting it as the external viewer in the Bibble batch presets. While dragging a file to the batch in Bibble it does its thing and then NI opens in batch-mode applies profiles, presets and does its and then closes. Neat. However if Bibble sends another file while the NI batch is open then those files are put on hold. This is not a serious problem, since one just has to queue them after Bibble is done. The batch window has to be closed manually after processing. I've tried to consult the manual but can't find a way to change the default to from hold to queue. Am I missing something? I'm running NI under Wine in Debian Linux. The solution seems to work fine otherwise.
mmanolio

Post by mmanolio »

Please add my vote to develop a Neat Image Bibble (Pro and Lite) plugin.
Since NR is best done early in the RAW conversion process, this would be so much better and save much time in the workflow,
Thank You,
--Mark--
ippolitois

NI and Bibble

Post by ippolitois »

Add my vote to the list for a plugin for Bibble. I've been using NI Pro+ for many years and it would be an excellent compliment to Bibble.

Thanks for considering.

Paul
cogitech

Post by cogitech »

Add my vote (again) for a Neat Image for Bibble plugin.

Noise Ninja has been added to Bibble, but I still prefer to use Neat Image and it would be so much more convenient to have a plugin.
Last edited by cogitech on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for voting for it, I am adding.

Vlad
skylen

Post by skylen »

Another vote for a Bibble plugin from me.

It's tempting for me right now to think of switching to Noise Ninja because they have a Bibble plugin as well as a native Linux version of their standalone app... *but* I do like how Neat Image performs for me, and I would love to stick with you guys.

I would like to be able to implement a Neat Image plugin for the GIMP or Krita as well. It's too bad there is no good way we can have a generic plugin interface.