Add TINT. Add ROTATE or STRAIGHTEN image

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
york

Add TINT. Add ROTATE or STRAIGHTEN image

Post by york »

I suggest adding "Tint/Hue" and "Rotate".

"IMAGE VIEWER ADJUSTMENTS" currently has:
  • Brightness
  • Contrast
  • Gamma Correction
Please add:
  • Tint (or Hue) Adjust
  • Straighten Image (i.e. rotate ?? degrees)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please note that the viewer adjustments adjust only the viewer, not the image (the image stays the same, those controls only change the way the image is shown on the screen).

Yes, rotating the image in the viewer may be useful to see an incorrectly rotated image. Would adjusting the Tint/Hue (of the viewer itself) help in any way?

Thank you,
Vlad
york

Post by york »

Ouch!
Well,... That being the case; I guess my next feature request is to make all of the above actually adjust the image!

Obviuously, the primary purpose for the existance of "Neat Image" is to correct distortions caused by Cameras, Scanners, etc.
And that it does beautifully!

But I would also like to see a small amount of common/standard image editing tools.
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

I also will be glad to see some simple thing in future version of IN:
1. rotate by any angle
2. crop the image
3. resize (upscale and downscale) output image (it can be standard methods: nearest, bilinear, bicubic and lanczos3)
4. improve contast and saturation by the curves - one field with curve and 3 menu points: contrast improving in Y channel and saturation in Cr, Cb channels (it is important in the case of IN because noise reduce not only detals and overall appearance of the image but colors and contrast also). :)
5. some work with EXIF data like add comments "Filtered with Net Image version 5.8 and user made profile by UserName". :)