Aperture plug-in redux

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
philgross

Aperture plug-in redux

Post by philgross »

I've been waiting for a noise reduction plug-in for Aperture for a while. Today, Noise Ninja finally released theirs. As a licensed owner of Neat Image, I'd prefer to keep using your tool, rather than pay $80 for a new piece of software with probably inferior results. However, looking around on the site, I can see no indication that you guys are even working on such a plug-in, let alone when it might be released.

Is there any progress towards an Aperture edit plug-in? If I don't hear anything, I may be forced to bite the bullet and go with NN.

-- Phil Gross
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, we are working on such a plug-in for Aperture. I think it will be ready in the coming months. We are working hard and trying to make it ready as soon as possible since the moment Apple has provided us with materials necessary to develop such a plug-in.
The version of Neat Image for Aperture and will offer the same high quality of noise reduction as that offered by traditional versions of Neat Image. It will also be compatible with traditional Neat Image in terms of workflow, noise profiles, and filter presets so you will not have to learn a completely new tool.

I will let you know when we have the first version ready.

Kind regards,
Vlad
philgross

cool!

Post by philgross »

Thanks for the good news. I'll be on the lookout for your plugin.

-- Phil
Canticleer

Aperture plug-in

Post by Canticleer »

Good to hear that Vlad. Just as Phil I have been looking at the NN plug-in too. But I'll hold on for a while now and keep on doing round trips to Photoshop and the NI plug-in whenever I have to deal with noise. That is untill you publish your Aperture plug-in.

Cheers,
Ivan
auldyin

Aperture Plugin

Post by auldyin »

I am really looking forward to your plugin being finished as Aperture has become so good I now only go to Photoshop for noise reduction and heavy touching up. I hope Apple announce your plugin as they did with NN, that could really boost your user base.

I will also be quite happy to pay for the upgrade.

best wishes,
auldyin