Support for Photoshop CS4 64 bit

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Dan

Post by Dan »

For heavy duty users 64 bit versions of Win XP (small hardy group of users) and Vista 64bit Photoshop CS4 64bit proves to be a performance champ when used with 8Gb RAM or more.

As you know, none of the 32bit plugins work with the 64 bit version of CS4 (other than ones built in by Adobe).

Are you working on having a version of Neat Image for CS4 64 bit?
I'd be glad to do some beta testing for you along with lots of other volunteers, who are currently registered owners of the Neat Image Pro Plus

Thanks,

Dan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, we are working on a version for 64-bits. We will certainly consider offering a beta-version to our registered users as soon as it is ready to testing. Thank you for the suggestion.

Vlad
Dan

Photoshop CS4

Post by Dan »

Also please be aware that the GPU acceleration has been a problem for a lot of CS4 users. Only the newest NVidia and ATI Radeon video adapters appear to be compatible, and of those 512Mb of video RAM appears to be required for full implementation.

Will your 64bit (and possibly even newer 32bit) version of Neat Image make use GPU hardware to speed up some of the calculations?

Dan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Still, it makes sense to not mix topics (since GPU has no relation to 64 bits). Here we only talk about 64-bit PS and NI.

We, in Neat Image team, currently work on support for PS 64-bit. There is certain progress in this work. As soon as we will have something ready for testing, I will publish an update here.

Thank you,
Vlad
Carly

Post by Carly »

Glad I found this thread.
Thanks so much for the heads up.