Again on bandings

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
italpro

Again on bandings

Post by italpro »

I'm a mountain book writer and phothographer.
My big problem is the banding on the sky after the images have been "denoised". I do not want to read the common reply about how I the images have to be treated. I use all the best software available on the net and I take pictures with the best cameras (for example: Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III, Sony Alpha 700 and 900 and others) using several softawares to convert the image from RAW format (Adobe Camera Raw Converter, Dxo, etc.). But the problem is always the same, in some skies the bandings arise anyway when I "denoise" the skies! What I ask you (Neat Image) is to develop a plugin that solves this problem. I always solve the problem in serveral ways but spending hours of time.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The problem can be resolved easily. I will send you an e-mail now.

Vlad
Nefy

Post by Nefy »

NITeam wrote:The problem can be resolved easily. I will send you an e-mail now.
I've the same problem and the strange is that on preview screen in NI all is perfect with filtration, no bands at all and smooth color transitions, but when i save (tiff or jpg, 8 or 16 bit, with and without sharpening, i've tried all) and reopen the image (photoshop and others) the banding heavily appear...Note that the original is a 8 bit jpg (!) but i don't understand why the filtered image is so perfect on the screen at the end of process and worse when saved. Can help me too?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please send an e-mail to Neat Image support, we will help.

Thank you,
Vlad
Nefy

Post by Nefy »

I'll do tomorrow, thank you for very fast reply Vlad !