Historical Downloads

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
vineas

Historical Downloads

Post by vineas »

Not really a product enhancement, but a website one - on the download page, have links to historical versions. I recently downloaded V6.0 for a new PC, but apparently there was a regression for command-line support. I submitted a bug to the support address, but that didn't really help me much since I needed the program the next day (for running a photo booth for an indoor event I'm shooting). After digging around my other PC's for over an hour, I finally found a copy of V5.8 which works perfectly. If the NeatImage page had links to old versions, it would have saved A LOT of frustration.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggesion. I don't think we will upload all old versions (there are too many of them and also, this may produce certain cross-version compatibility issues that are harder to resolve) but if any registered user will need some specific older version then the best solution is to directly contact support by e-mail and we will try to find that version.

Regarding command line support, I think this is not regression but rather a Vista issue. If you want to explore it further please reply by e-mail and we will continue our discussion that we started yesterday.

Thank you,
Vlad
vineas

Post by vineas »

A direct link to old versions would be best, even if it's just the last couple of versions (this is all I'm really asking for). E-mailing support to get an old version doesn't always work and wouldn't have in my situation, since it was about 8pm on a Friday when I realized that I needed the old version for use the very next morning.

I'll continue to work with you via e-mail on the issue I was running into.