DNG Support

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
kkelln

DNG Support

Post by kkelln »

I use Lightroom as my digital darkroom. I have about 40,000 photos - many of them are 50Mb TIFF files - entire library is about 300Gb and growing every day. I have finally decided to take the plunge and convert my pics to DNG. The problem is that I use NeatImage in my workflow and it wants me to create a copy of the file because it cannot read the DNG. I think DNG will replace TIFF in the years ahead. Regardless, can you add DNG functionality - allowing Neatimage to read DNG files and save to them (including picking the Camera Raw version and Lossy or not Loss)? I would be happy to buy another license. Thanks! Keep up the great work. Neat Image has saved my bacon many, many times.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. I am adding your voice for DNG in the wish list.

Kind regards,
Vlad
l_d_allan

Post by l_d_allan »

NITeam wrote:I am adding your voice for DNG in the wish list.
And please add my voice / vote. I realize it may be difficult to accomplish. Is it even possible? I also speculate it could greatly change the workflow.

FWIW: I was an enthusiastic user of NI with CS4 and PV2003, but pretty much discontinued using NI with CS5 and PV2010 and then PV2012.

I really, really like having the .dng's be my "masters". I'm using PS less and less, and having fewer and fewer .tiff's. I think that applies to lots of NI users.