profile for Kodachrome 64

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
Steve Harrington

profile for Kodachrome 64

Post by Steve Harrington »

I have a Nikon Coolscan V and would like a noise profile for both Kodachrome 64 and Ektachrome.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

When such profiles are not yet built by someone else, the simplest solution would be to build such profiles using this procedure. You can also find more details about profiling in this section of the user guide.

Vlad
Steve Harrington

there must be a way

Post by Steve Harrington »

I have no kodachrome slides to shoot in order to create a profile. Surely Neat Image or someone in the community has created a profile for such a popular film. If not, there should be some other solution available. Much of my work is scanning thousands of slides and I thought I could count on Neat Image for this.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Building profiles is one of the function of Neat Image and Neat Image users can use that function in one of available ways. For example, you can create noise profile for every input image on the fly using this procedure or you can build a reusable set using the documentation I mentioned. In both cases, the results will most likely be better than using profiles built by someone else, because everyone's workflow is different.