Canon 50D

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The difference is not large so I recommend to build one set of profiles for different lens and use Auto Fine-Tune after Auto Match to automatically compensate for any minor differences in noise properties.

Vlad
Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus »

Thanks. Have now build my profiles and tested with different shots (wild birds).

I made the profiles with my 70-200 f/4L and the test images was from both that lens and other lenses. There seems to be no differences in how effective the profiles are.

I can now say that it is a huge advantage to use profiles. It also looks like it is also a good thing to build your own profiles. Appearantly the small differences per 50D body can affect the results. I would not be surprised if the same goes for other camera bodies as well.

Thanks for a great product. I have tried 3 or 4 other NR plugins, but none of them comes close to the accuracy of this plugin.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I am glad you are getting good results with your own profiles. We actually always recommend to our users to build profiles for their cameras. Every camera is a bit different, it is also used in different ways, in different modes and also very important, the post-processing workflow before the photo comes to Neat Image may also be different. For a pre-built profile to be fully efficient (read accurately describing the noise in the images it is used to filter) all those variables are better be the same. When there is a difference, it is better to build and use your own set of profiles, it will more accurately reflect the properties of your camera, the shooting mode you you, the postprocessing steps you do. So it is to be expected that you get better results this way.

Kind regards,
Vlad