Device profiles for both Photoshop CS4 32-bit and 64-bit

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
azlerader

Device profiles for both Photoshop CS4 32-bit and 64-bit

Post by azlerader »

This is a dumb question...

Since my installed version of Photoshop CS4 64-bit also includes a complete install version of CS4 32-bit in a separate library, is the NeatImage installer for 32-bit smart enough to distinguish the two versions of CS4 and install only into the 32-bit version of CS4 without affecting the 64-bit version?

Can I install both versions on NI, one in 32-bit CS4 and the other in 64-bit CS4? If so, is there any possibility that they might generate conflicts with each other?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I own Photoshop CS4 and have it installed on Windows Vista. During the installation both CS4 versions were installed in separate libraries.

In other words, I have both CS4 32-bit and CS4 64-bit versions installed.

I have created a series of device profiles for the Canon 5D Mark II camera for the 64-bit version with NI 64-bit. However, for various reasons, many photographers still only use the 32-bit version of CS4.

Since I am a licensed owner of both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of NI Pro+ I would like to create a series of 32-bit profiles for those using the 32-bit version of CS4 and NI.
NITeam

Re: Device profiles for both Photoshop CS4 32-bit and 64-bit

Post by NITeam »

azlerader wrote:This is a dumb question...

Since my installed version of Photoshop CS4 64-bit also includes a complete install version of CS4 32-bit in a separate library, is the NeatImage installer for 32-bit smart enough to distinguish the two versions of CS4 and install only into the 32-bit version of CS4 without affecting the 64-bit version?

Can I install both versions on NI, one in 32-bit CS4 and the other in 64-bit CS4? If so, is there any possibility that they might generate conflicts with each other?
Yes, you can install them both, there shouldn't be any conflicts. NI installers will correctly install NI to the right versions of CS4.
azlerader wrote:I own Photoshop CS4 and have it installed on Windows Vista. During the installation both CS4 versions were installed in separate libraries.

In other words, I have both CS4 32-bit and CS4 64-bit versions installed.

I have created a series of device profiles for the Canon 5D Mark II camera for the 64-bit version with NI 64-bit. However, for various reasons, many photographers still only use the 32-bit version of CS4.

Since I am a licensed owner of both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of NI Pro+ I would like to create a series of 32-bit profiles for those using the 32-bit version of CS4 and NI.
The profiles created using the 64-bit version can be used in the 32-bit version of Neat Image directly. There is no need to create separate profiles. They are compatible between 32 and 64-bit versions, between Windows and Mac versions.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
azlerader

Post by azlerader »

Thank you for your timely response. Good news that the profiles will work in both CS4 versions.

I will use the batch process to create a complete set of 5DII profiles for both RAW and .jpg images. I did them individually before. :) I already have the calibration images prepared. I'll submit them for inclusion in your profiles section since it appears no one has done that yet.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, please submit them by e-mail. I will upload them in the library and all owners 5DII will be able to directly download them and thank you for your generous efforts.

Kind regards,
Vlad