Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS6 noise profile creation

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
BobbyT

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS6 noise profile creation

Post by BobbyT »

I'm having difficulty getting satisfactory profiles for this new camera. I get "Area not uniform in Cr Cb channels" and same for Y channel. Please advise how to shoot calibration targets with this camera.

I've successfully shot profiles for several other cameras, so I think I understand the basics. However, this camera doesn't have manual focusing, so I'm trying to focus on a distant object and then recompose the shot of the calibration target, and I've tried automatic as well as manual exposure setting.

Thanks
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The problem causing "Area not uniform in Cr Cb channels" may be not enough noise. Please try to manually select an area with most visible noise and click Auto Profile.

Vlad
BobbyT

Post by BobbyT »

Vlad,

Thanks for your quick reponse.

I shot another series of calibration targets, and when I got the "Area not uniform in Y channel" message, I moved the square around until the message was no longer displayed, and then continued to build a profile, but it is low quality, 43 %. The uniformity values are Y 10%, Cr 100%, Cb 100%. How can I get better profiles.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Is the area you select, visually uniform, without any details? Is there any visible noise? If yes and yes, then I would not worry about the low quality figure. It is more important to use the right procedure than to get a high figure.

Vlad