HowTo: make Noise Profile smaller by removing Noise Sample?

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
l_d_allan

HowTo: make Noise Profile smaller by removing Noise Sample?

Post by l_d_allan »

When I make "Device Noise Profiles" (dnp) and look at them with the "Profile Viewer", I notice that they include a "Noise Sample".

When I download dnp's from the web, I notice they are significantly smaller, and don't include the "Noise Sample".

Is there a way to remove the "Noise Sample" from the dnp? I didn't see this in the documentation, but perhaps I didn't look carefully enough, or perhaps I overlooked a setting/option.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, there is an option for that in Options | Profiling.

Vlad
l_d_allan

Thanks ...

Post by l_d_allan »

Thanks and sorry that I missed noticing that.
l_d_allan

Noise Sample included when using "Batch Profiler"

Post by l_d_allan »

NITeam wrote:Yes, there is an option for that in Options | Profiling.
NI ver 7.5 PS plug-in
Adobe Photoshop CC with 8.3 ACR

I'm attempting to make NI profiles for the Nikon System 1 S1 camera. Using Auto-ISO, I'm able to get a total of 22 different ISO's from 100 to 6400. There are 1/6th stops between ISO 100 and ISO 200, and 1/3rd stops between 200 and 6400.

When I make individual profiles and the Preferences set to disable:
* Save noise samples in profiles (*.dnp files) ... OFF
the profiles are relatively small ... about 10k.

However, when I build a "profile set" using "Batch Profile", the noise sample seems to be included, and the .dnp profiles are much larger ... from 90k to 170k. This makes the .zip of the "profile set" be excessive.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way when using the "Batch profiler" to disable having the noise sample included in the .dnp profile?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

No, that is done intentionally to include a noise sample. It is going to be useful later on if profiles are rebuilt for some reason. It is also very useful if you are going to send profiles to the library. So please keep the samples in, they are needed.

Thank you,
Vlad