Edius plugin 8 bit only ?

general questions about Neat Video
Robert_nj

Edius plugin 8 bit only ?

Post by Robert_nj » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:01 pm

Dear,
I am thinking of buying your nice software.
But when I have tried demo version I have seen only 8 bit in my Edius Workgroup 9.
How is it please?
I have been using slog contents and 10 bit it is absolutely important for me.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Robert

NVTeam

Re: Edius plugin 8 bit only ?

Post by NVTeam » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:07 am

Hello Robert,

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about 10-bit color support in Edius because the source of problem lies in Edius itself. Edius' plug-in interface does not offer full 10-bit support (there is only partial support that is not sufficient for Neat Video) so Neat Video plug-in cannot receive all necessary input frames in 10-bit precision. Edius provides only 8-bit data to Neat Video. To lift this limitation, Edius developers should improve the plug-in interface of Edius. We asked them to do that several times over the years, but so far nothing changes in that part of Edius as far as I know.

Many other video editing applications currently work in 32-bit color and the corresponding Neat Video plug-ins do support that because those applications do offer full 32-bit support in their plug-in interfaces. Unfortunately that part is missing or insufficient in Edius.

Kind regards,
Vlad

Robert_nj

Re: Edius plugin 8 bit only ?

Post by Robert_nj » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Dear Vlad.
Thank you for your explanation. I have not know that...
It is absolutely shame because Edius is very good software. And I like it :wink:
So I will try to write that to Edius support.

Thank you one more time and have a nice day.

Robert