Neat Video always using 32-bit depth

general questions about Neat Video
tycooko

Neat Video always using 32-bit depth

Post by tycooko »

Hello, I’m using Neat Video Pro 5 for Premiere Pro, Mac version. Does anyone know if it’s actually possible to change the bitdepth at which Neat Video is set? Because, to me, no matter what project or sequence or clip I use it on, it always says “32 bits”.
On this forum, I’ve read that NV merely adopts whatever bitdepth the host application gives it, but I see no way of changing bitdepth inside Premiere, besides the Sequence Settings’ adjustment “Maximum Bit Depth”, which I’ve tried to deselect, without seeing any change inside Neat Video.
The videos I’d like to edit are 16 bits.
lansing

Re: Neat Video always using 32-bit depth

Post by lansing »

Working in 32 bit will gives the best quality, all good filters do this. They take in an input clip, convert and process it in 32 bit, and then convert the result back to your original bit depth when outputting it back to you.
NVTeam

Re: Neat Video always using 32-bit depth

Post by NVTeam »

This depends on the host application alone and in case of Premiere this is usually 32-bit, because chooses 32-bit for best precision. Premiere may in some cases reduce the bitdepth if you deselect “Maximum Bit Depth”, but it is not guaranteed by Premiere.

In any case, this cannot be controlled from the side of Neat Video itself.

Vlad