Neat Video compatibility with Final Cut Pro 5

general questions about Neat Video
Philpot

Neat Video compatibility with Final Cut Pro 5

Post by Philpot »

Hello there, I'm a newbie here and hope I'm not asking something that is common knowledge amongst this forum of experts. However, a satisfactory answer wasn't on offer after a good search.

I am a degree student with a project involving editing down a ten minute documentary. I have been digitising my video in Final Cut Pro 5 as HDV1080i PAL .mov files, wherein it seems some of the footage very noisy - presumably because of the high gain settings on the camera. Neat Video looks like just the tool to clean up my files, but I have a few questions:
  1. Is the Neat Video FCP plugin compatible with Final Cut Pro 5? (Forgive me if I am unsure of the exact version, though I can find this on request.)
  2. Is the plugin compatible with HDV1080i PAL video?
  3. If I find that the plugin is not suitable for the project, is there any way to cancel my licence and have my money refunded? i.e., Is there a certain amount of time when you are able to say you aren't satisfied?
If any of the above should render my plans for Neat Video infeasible, can you suggest a different solution? Many thanks in advance.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, version 5 of Final Cut Pro is not supported by Neat Video. There is no known way to resolve that besided upgrading to a newer version of FCP.

Neat Video Pro plug-in can process any HD footage.

There is free Demo plug-in, please kindly use it to test Neat Video BEFORE purchasing a license.

Thank you,
Vlad