Very Fast

general questions about Neat Image
sevry

Very Fast

Post by sevry »

I had tried the demo some years ago, on an old Pentium machine. And it took forever to do anything. It was useless. I saw this again, discussed in a forum vs. Ninja and others, and thought I'd try some of the user-supplied camera settings you now have on the old demo. Sure enough, it worked well, and very rapidly. So I bought the Pro+ version for the Adobe plug-in.

I prefer to use RAW loaded right into PS. I keep it at 16bits, and run Neat Image. And back to Adobe. It really works well. And it's not really much slower than any other noise filter. Admittedly, I'm not using the old Pentium anymore, but a P4 (though which should run about the same as a P3). I assume things were done to speed up the processing. Whatever the case, this is a very neat and very useful tool, which performs 'real-time' for me, and particularly as it does in fact tend to retain important edges EVERYWHERE on the photo, while killing a great deal, in some spots all, of the noise.

I am very, very pleased with the purchase. What I had been using just wasn't doing the job.