Unbelievable!! Use for 35mm slide scans

general questions about Neat Image
SpeedoLight

Unbelievable!! Use for 35mm slide scans

Post by SpeedoLight »

HI am a dgital camera user, but recently got an old time 35mm camera to try it out and shot a few slides. I went and purchased a Canon FS4000 scanner and was so utterly dissapointed with the grainy noisy output, from my beautiful slides (When projected).
Later I downloaded a demo version of Silverfast scanner driver and couldn't believe the difference in output quality from the scanner. But they were still left with a fair bit of grain that just looked too dodgy to bother printing out on my S9000 at A3.

I tried another couple of demo noise reducing programs around but was not overly impressed, so the following day I returned the scanner to the shop and got a refund saying how deeply dissapointed I was.

Anyway I was reading on the net and heard about Neat Image and thought I'd download the demo and try it out on some of the slide scans I hadn't binned. I'm pretty staggered really at the quality, considering the demo only allows JPEG output. I just printed out a slide that is full of very dark shadow and bright highlight at A3 and the results are unbelievable. I am now in some ways wishing I had not just ordered and paid for a new 20D as the datail and colour are fantastic off the slides. Hmm , well I will be getting another scanner soon, now I know what's possible and I will buy a copy of Neat Image. I like to support good software..Phase 1 Capture One..and other useful Elements plugins. Thanks Neat Image wonderfull!