What version of NI support...

general questions about Neat Image
barr405

What version of NI support...

Post by barr405 »

Hello!

What version of NI supports 48bits (16 bits per channel) Lab image files opened in 64 bit edition of Adobe CS5 on intel based MAC?
Or there only RGB inputs available?

Thanks!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The Pro plug-in for Photoshop supports 16-bit per channel images. You can either process an RGB image (preferred way), or an individual channel in Lab image.

Vlad
Hoogo

Post by Hoogo »

I just tried a Lab-layer in Photoline64. Neat Image is available in the menu, but nothing happens when I click it. It works fine for gray or rgb-layers, though, no matter if it is 8 or 16Bit.

Is this an issue of compatibility, or am I doing it wrong?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I am not sure how it is organized in Photoline, but in Photoshop, where individual channels, L, a and b are selectable one by one, it is possible to select just L and open it in Neat Image for processing. It works there as expected. It is of course possible that Photoline doesn't fully support that..

Vlad
Hoogo

Post by Hoogo »

Maybe... There's a selection of channels similar to PS. When I try it with a RGB-layer, turn off red and green and select blue, Neat Image treats that as an usual rgb-picture. I guess in PS that would open the blue-channel and treat it as a gray picture?

Did you give it a try to treat a lab-layer as if it was already converted to YCrCb?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I tried that directly in PS (converted RGB to Lab, selected L and then opened NI which treated the channel as grayscale) before replying today.

Vlad