Neat Image error " could not save " with multiple tasks (Lightroom Classic workflow)

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
MTNShootR

Neat Image error " could not save " with multiple tasks (Lightroom Classic workflow)

Post by MTNShootR »

I have the non-pro version of Neat Image (version 8.6.1, 64-bit windows), and I am trying to de-noise and correct blur on 1000 50-mb images shot at high ISO (up to 12500).

Previously, I had been able to use batch processing without problem, then I ran into the 100-image limit. After dragging and dropping these large JPEGs into Neat Image, it appears to be running (for a long period of time), but then the result cannot be written. And several seem to have been re-re-processed (see the multiple “.filtered” filenames).

So… Now I have a mess: all of the images (originally sorted into multiple sub-folders in Lightroom Classic) are now attempting to write into the top-most folder (instead of the sub-folder it came from), and Neat Image cannot write and I cannot figure out why. Can anyone help?

Regarding workflow: What’s the best way to process 1000 images through Neat Image?

https://gm1.ggpht.com/RdJe-KqIFXsel1c-- ... -ft-l75-ft
MTNShootR

Re: Neat Image error " could not save " with multiple tasks (Lightroom Classic workflow)

Post by MTNShootR »

MTNShootR wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:45 pm I have the non-pro version of Neat Image (version 8.6.1, 64-bit windows), and I am trying to de-noise and correct blur on 1000 50-mb images shot at high ISO (up to 12500).

Previously, I had been able to use batch processing without problem, then I ran into the 100-image limit. After dragging and dropping these large JPEGs into Neat Image, it appears to be running (for a long period of time), but then the result cannot be written. And several seem to have been re-re-processed (see the multiple “.filtered” filenames).

So… Now I have a mess: all of the images (originally sorted into multiple sub-folders in Lightroom Classic) are now attempting to write into the top-most folder (instead of the sub-folder it came from), and Neat Image cannot write and I cannot figure out why. Can anyone help?

Regarding workflow: What’s the best way to process 1000 images through Neat Image?

(can't attach a screenshot for some reason. I hope my description is clear...)
NITeam

Re: Neat Image error " could not save " with multiple tasks (Lightroom Classic workflow)

Post by NITeam »

If you set up Neat Image as an external editor in LR according to the instruction from the section 10 of the user guide of Neat Image Standalone, then Neat Image should save the output files with the same name as the input files (overwriting the input files), so you will not receive any “.filtered” filenames. Perhaps that is what is missing in your workflow now. Please double-check if have done all steps from that instruction.

Thank you,
Vlad
MTNShootR

Post by MTNShootR »

Thanks Vlad, I’ll set up external editing and give that a try. I’m actually trying to queue multiple images to Neat Image that I can batch processing, without a lot of hand processing for each image. My images come from multiple folders (maybe 30 folders) each holding 10-30 images each. Do you have suggestions for efficiently processing. It seems I need to drag and drop each sub-folder separately (so they’ll process and output into the correct folders). But then it seems I have to wait for processing to complete before I would start processing another sub-folder. Is that the best way to process multiple images in multiple folders??
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Normally you can use the Batch window to do that.

Do you use the Batch window or Add Folder window instead?

Vlad