Capture One v4 and Exif

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
RainerV

Capture One v4 and Exif

Post by RainerV »

Hello,

I'm using Capture One v4.1 and now v4.5 and develop raw files from a Sony Alpha 700, Alpha 900 and an Epson R-D1.

In standalone Neat Image v5.9 Pro edition I can see only Device maker, Device model, Software and Resolution for JPGs and Device maker, Device model, Software, Compression and Resolution for TIFs in the "Input Device Info" field on opening an image and the same information in the "Exif Information" field.

With raws and jpgs developed by other converters I can see also ISO level, Exposure time and White balance.

So it seems that Neat Image does not read relevant Exif information like ISO from JPGs and TIFs developed by Capture One.

Auto matching does not work either. Not good.

By the way. the Capture One files processed by Neat Image contain correct ISO-information!

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just a serious bug in Neat Image?

Rainer
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Either Neat Image cannot read those values because they are poorly encoded by Capture One or they are simply not written by Capture One at all. That causes the effect you describe. If you e-mail me a sample image written by Capture One that shows these effects in Neat Image then I will be able to tell what exactly is the problem with the image. I guess there is something in the EXIF data itself.

Thank you,
Vlad
RainerV

Post by RainerV »

Hello Vlad,

I just emailed a file to you (I hope support [AT] neatimage.com is the correct mail adress). This file shows the effect that I described.

It has Exif infos included, that are not seen by Neat Image. If you process the file by Neat Image the resulting file will have Exif infos included!

Rainer
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Well, as usual in such cases, there is a problem in the EXIF data. Basically, some of the EXIF data were written against the EXIF specifications. Anyway, I think we will be able to do something about this problem to help NI cope better with such images. I will send you an e-mail with more details soon.

Vlad
RainerV

Post by RainerV »

Vlad, many thanks for your great support.

Rainer
Carl Weaver

Missing Exif from tif

Post by Carl Weaver »

I have a similar issue using C14 V4.5 converting *.cr2 from 1D2. NI will keep the EXIF info on *.jpg from C14 but not on tif from C14. Other apps however will convert the C14 tifs to jpg and maintain all the Exif info.

Carl
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There is a problem in C1, it produces faulty EXIF. Please contact me by e-mail, we will check if our recent measures will help.

Thank you,
Vlad