Profile problem

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Spotz

Profile problem

Post by Spotz »

I am using a profile for the canon a630. the profile seems to work fine (I downloaded it from your website) but when I use auto-match it reads the camera information but always chooses ASA 800 instead of what the camera is shooting, which is usually 100. Is this important? How can I change this if you think it is important? Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It is important. Perhaps there is an EXIF reading issue either with those profiles or with images you process.

Please check if the input images contain any EXIF data.

Then please try to build a small of your own profiles from your images for ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800. And then try to match your input images against your profiles. It is quite likely that matching will work better with such profiles.

If not, please send a sample image (that doesn't matc correctly to the profiles from the profile set and from your own set) to support [at] neatimage.com and we will check what is going wrong.

Thank you,
Vlad
Spotz

Post by Spotz »

Thanks, Vlad. As an experiment, I tried again, this time with a .jpg image. The software read the ISO speed rating's value correctly, I believe. [For some reason the Bridge software I use with PSElements for the Mac does not record that in the exif data, though I have requested it.] The images that give me the 800 reading are those that I have opened with the PSE RAW feature. So maybe that is the issue. The Canon A630 does not shoot RAW but the Elements does permit editing in RAW. As it stands NeatImage does work for me even though when I process using RAW the software tells me that the image was shot at ISO 800.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

PSE may be changing or stripping the corresponding EXIF records that contain the precise EXIF data. They may be present in the original files, but are changed after re-saving by PSE. If you can convert using the Canon software, it will probably better preserve those data.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
Spotz

Post by Spotz »

Thanks. I think that does help, Vlad. I try the Canon software for conversion. Ciao.