Auto Match Profile Bug found (?)

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
janarne

Auto Match Profile Bug found (?)

Post by janarne »

Hello,
i think i found a bug in the function of the "Auto Match Profile" in NeatImage.
When i have load an image an i use the "Auto Match Profile" function
with a profile Set which has several Profiles which would match for that image, because all parameters are right, Neat just takes the first Profile instead of the Profile with the best Profile Quality.
Because my english is not so good here is an example:

To ensure it is a bug i set in the options menu the path to a folder which has only
3 Profiles which all would Match by 100% but with differnt Profile qualitiy:
E-420 (ISO800; SharpNormal; 3648x2736; WB code (14); 1by400s).PB142332.dnp
E-420 (ISO800; SharpNormal; 3648x2736; WB code (14); 1by400s).PB141252.dnp
E-420 (ISO800; SharpNormal; 3648x2736; WB code (14); 1by400s).PB142266.dnp
The first Profile has the Profile Quality of 91% and match by 100% to the image i want to proceed,
the second Profile has the Profile Quality of 95% and match by 100%,
the third Profile has the Profile Quality of 96% and match by 100%.
(I checked the quality by manual load the profile and notice it)
When i used now the auto Match function with this Folder which has these 3 similar Profiles in it which all match by 100% but differnt Profile Qualities, Neat does NOT use the best Profile with the highest quality - it uses the first profile which match.

It would be very helpful when Neat uses the best profile and not the first which match, in a future neat version.

greets from greece
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It is a good suggestion. It is not a bug, it is by design, but the match function could be improved to select the profile with highest quality. This is not so important if you keep only the best profile for each device mode and eliminate those with lower quality at the time of building a profile set, but if you want to keep them all - good and bad ones - then matching taking into account profile quality would be useful. In normal use (when only one profile for each mode is present in a profile set) it is not important, but in some special cases it could perhaps be useful.

Thank you,
Vlad
janarne

Post by janarne »

yes i need to explain, i keep offcourse only the high quality profiles,
BUT i figured out that several times i need more than 1 profile for a special
task, because even if all attributes which neat mesures (camera,iso,shutter,wb) 2 or 3 files are in the name and quality the same but
only 1 or 2 match on a special photo - in another case all match by 100%.
I don't know why but noise is a complex thing, i guess i am making neat to a science :-)
greets from greece