Serious issues

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
luka

Serious issues

Post by luka »

I was going crazy due to following bugs:

--
1. 5.9 and 6.0 Standalone on Windows: saved images develop serious case of banding, like being saved with 50% JPEG quality first.
This happens even if I save BMP, tiff or 100% JPEG and the saved image definitely does not match in quality what is viewd on NI screen.
For 5.9 I learned that if I batch 10 images all develop banding, but is I batch only 3 or do a single manually, output image quality is as it should be.

To put this in another words: if I batch with exact same parameters 10 images and then 3 out of thos 10 (restart the program in between) I get different output for common 3 images!

As a programmer I really cannot understand the whole thing.

--
2. EXIF - I use Panasonic DMC-TZ7 and after a while NI simply stops reading (and outputting) EXIF. It reads EXIF for just first few images in batch.

In 6.0 this happens immediately after I open test image for calibration and no further EXIFs are read anywhere, including a test image (device name, ... fields are empty). In 5.9 this whole thing actually works and device name is populated properly.

To put in other words NI sometimes reads EXIF for an image that in previous session wasn't able to.

--
Conclusion: As a novice who has spent a day familiarizing himself with a program (1 hour) and trying to work arround above issues (8 hours) I'd say these two render this program useless.

Also I cannot imagine how can I as a user influence such behaviour - there has to be something wrong with NI.

-Luka

P.S. I think NI does great job at removing noise.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please send an e-mail with a sample before and after images to support [at] neatimage.com and we will find a solution. I think I know what is causing the problem.

Thank you,
Vlad