GUI fontsize under Linux [SOLVED]

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
newmikey

GUI fontsize under Linux [SOLVED]

Post by newmikey »

I purchased both Windows and Linux upgrades. Both work perfectly fine and I am thrilled to see native Linux support in NeatImage after having run NI under WINE for a long time. Well done!

The interface under Linux (PCLinuxOS 2010.12 with KDE 4.6.2) seems to have a few issues with the used font - it is a bit too large for the dialogs and menu's.

This could be something inside NI but more likely NI adopts its fontsize from either GTK or an Xorg setting.

Any ideas on how to correct or adjust?
Last edited by newmikey on Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Have you tried to adjust the font size in KDE? I don't have PCLinuxOS for direct testing but for example in Ubuntu or Fedora you can adjust fonts in KDE control center and that helps to make the fonts in Neat Image smaller too.

Vlad
newmikey

Post by newmikey »

NITeam wrote:Have you tried to adjust the font size in KDE? I don't have PCLinuxOS for direct testing but for example in Ubuntu or Fedora you can adjust fonts in KDE control center and that helps to make the fonts in Neat Image smaller too.

Vlad
Thanks Vlad, I'll try that and report back.

Mike
newmikey

Post by newmikey »

Vlad, no joy. Tried Tahoma and now KDE programs and interface is fine but NI looks like a bit crazy like this (left KDE's KConf fonts section, right NeatImage):

Image[/img]
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Is it 32-bit or 64-bit version of Linux? In the latter case, I would try to run the 64-bit Neat Image. It might be a bit better with fonts.

Regarding the fonts, try to revert to defaults and reduce the font size a bit.

Vlad
newmikey

Post by newmikey »

NITeam wrote:Is it 32-bit or 64-bit version of Linux? In the latter case, I would try to run the 64-bit Neat Image. It might be a bit better with fonts.

Regarding the fonts, try to revert to defaults and reduce the font size a bit.

Vlad
I returned to standard settings and reduced fonts a bit without reducing all of KDE's menus to unreadable. This improves the situation a bit, but not much.

NI works perfectly OK, actually fantastic, so I can live with the slightly bloated screenfont for the time being. I'm sure it'll get picked up downstream at some point so let's wait for the next update. It's workable like this, doesn't need to be pretty at the same time...

Thanks for your prompt responses, greatly appreciated!

Mike
newmikey

Post by newmikey »

Rceived an update which totally solved the issue. Great responsive service Vlad, thanks a lot!

Mike