Issue with Neat Image Weird Menu Options (Solved)

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
tarekhashisho

Issue with Neat Image Weird Menu Options (Solved)

Post by tarekhashisho »

Hello,

I'm running Neat Image on Mac Pro with Mac OS X 10.11.1 as a plugin in Photoshop CC 2015. It was working fine until I upgraded to the latest version and then every time I select the menu inside Photoshop:

Filter -> Neat Image -> Reduce Noise... I get nothing, no user interface no message nothing. Then when I select the same menu again I het a weird menu that is not documented anywhere with the first item on the menu being "Custom" and the rest is a long list of different devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple Watch, Web, iMac, Mac, etc.) with different resolutions for each and the list has about 33 items in it.

If I choose one of the items in this menu: Filter -> Neat Image -> Any Item

also nothing happens, no user interface, no message, nothing. The only thing that happens is that the menu item gets a Tick mark before its text and that's it.

So, I appreciate any help in this regards. I've tried this with different images (RAW, TIFF, JPEG, PSD) with (8, 16 and 32 bit images) and all is the same.

Thank you...
Tarek Hashisho
Last edited by tarekhashisho on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

That problem is caused by a bug in PS CC 2015: in the situations when you have more than 5 third-party plug-ins installed, the first 5 plug-ins (in alphabetic order) work correctly. But the 6th plug-in doesn't show up correctly in the Filter menu.

Adobe is aware of the bug. I believe they are working hard to prepare a fix, which is probably going to become available in one of the next updates of PS.

While we all are waiting for that fix, if you need to use more than 5 third-party plug-ins now then you can use a workaround like:

- temporarily removing some of the third-party plug-ins coming above Neat Video in the list (from the Plug-ins sub-folder in Photoshop);

- using the plug-in in an older version of Photoshop for now.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
tarekhashisho

Post by tarekhashisho »

Thank you Vlad for your help and for the workaround tip. I had the feeling that the issue is with Photoshop however it only affected Neat Image plugin. I have Near Image plugin as the sixth plugin which has this issue, however I have Plugins from TOPAZ as the seventh one and it behaves normally.

I will try to take out one of the plugins to make Near Image the fifth one and try and will let you know if this is the real issue or something else.

Thanks...

Tarek Hashisho
tarekhashisho

Post by tarekhashisho »

Hello Vlad,

Just verified that what you described as a bug in Photoshop. I removed one of the Plugins that was before Neat Image and it worked seamlessly with no issues and now Near Image is working perfectly.

Thank you for your help Vlad, I really appreciate it.

Tarek Hashisho