sharpening

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Leonard

sharpening

Post by Leonard »

I want to sharpen one camera at a concert that was shot slightly out of focus in UHD (3840x2160) .MP4. I don't think the footage is particularly noisy so don't really need noise reduction . I've noticed before in similar situations that Neat seems to do far better job of sharpening out of focus footage than the regular sharpen settings in my NLEs.
In playing around with Neat so far in Premiere the settings I'm using under sharpening are Luminance only: Fine detail 150, Medium 250 and Coarse 250 with prevent over sharpening ON . I've left the default settings on for noise reduction for the profile square that Neat selected. Is that proper way to proceed? Should I turn off the noise reduction settings and only apply sharpening?
Any suggestions ?

Using the latest version of Neat v4

Lenny
Leonard

Re: sharpening

Post by Leonard »

Oh yeah I have an hour and half of this stuff. Any suggestions for how to speed it up?
NVTeam

Re: sharpening

Post by NVTeam »

If you do not need to reduce noise, then it makes sense to disable the temporal filter as a whole and set the noise reduction amounts (in all channels and frequencies) in the spatial filter to 0%. That should disable noise reduction while keeping sharpening active.

To speed up processing please consider the ideas listed in this blog post.

Thank you,
Vlad