Brightening Profile Window in Neat Video Interface to Work With

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
albino1

Brightening Profile Window in Neat Video Interface to Work With

Post by albino1 »

I've been meaning to ask this for a while as it's something I struggle with a lot.

At least with Premiere, Neat Video has to go above Lumetri, so consequently when you're trying to create or adjust your noise profile in the Neat Video interface you really can't see anything half the time. If you're working with dark scenes that haven't already been color corrected, it's often just a dark mess, and unfortunately a lot of the times the thing you're trying to correct with Neat Video are the dark portions once they get brightened.

I was wondering if maybe there's a better way to deal with this, or if maybe you could add some kind of slider to brighten the work area in the interface so we can see what we're doing when creating the profile. Working with the Y Enhanced view works to some degree, but you really need to be able to see the full color image to really understand what you're losing in detail when fine tuning the noise profile in both the Prepare and Adjust sections.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, or just consider this a feature request. Thanks!
NVTeam

Re: Brightening Profile Window in Neat Video Interface to Work With

Post by NVTeam »

There is a brightness adjustment slider below the viewer. It controls the viewer and the way it displays the video data. It does not change the video itself, only the way it is displayed. Is that what you are looking for?

Vlad
albino1

Re: Brightening Profile Window in Neat Video Interface to Work With

Post by albino1 »

NVTeam wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:08 pm There is a brightness adjustment slider below the viewer. It controls the viewer and the way it displays the video data. It does not change the video itself, only the way it is displayed. Is that what you are looking for?

Vlad
That's exactly what I'm looking for! I can't believe I've never noticed that. Now that I know where it is, I think maybe it was even shown in some of the Neat Video tutorial videos you guys have posted on your YouTube channel.

Playing with it now, it works great. My only immediate thought is that maybe the actual GUI element could be larger as the slider is kind of tiny and I'm probably going to use it dozens of times a day every day. It might be nice to be able to set a default brightness as well, then I could maybe put it at like 75% which will be good enough most of the time without having to change it.

Either way, thanks so much for the reply, I'm definitely going to start taking advantage of this!