Neat Video Home 2k Resolution

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
cadett

Neat Video Home 2k Resolution

Post by cadett »

I'm using NV Home with Premier. I'm aware of the video limitations of the home license. I shoot video in 2k with the Phantom 3, import it into Premier, & drop it on a 1080p sequence. So when adding Neat on top of the sequence, I was hoping it would see that it going to be rendered at 1080p & I'd be good to go. However Neat just see's the video in it's original resolution. So, other than rendering it to 1080p before it hits the timeline or shooting in 1080p, is there anything I can do to get Neat Home to recognize the file is going to be exported as 1080p?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You need to tell Premiere to reduce the frame size before sending the frames to Neat Video. You can do that using the following method: right-click the clip in the timeline of Premiere and select "Scale to Frame Size".

This will make Premiere resize the frame BEFORE it sends the frame to Neat Video for processing and so the frame will fit into the limits of the Home version.

Thank you,
Vlad
cadett

Post by cadett »

NVTeam wrote:You need to tell Premiere to reduce the frame size before sending the frames to Neat Video. You can do that using the following method: right-click the clip in the timeline of Premiere and select "Scale to Frame Size".

This will make Premiere resize the frame BEFORE it sends the frame to Neat Video for processing and so the frame will fit into the limits of the Home version.

Thank you,
Vlad
Thank you so much Vlad, I knew there was a way, just couldn't figure it out & google was unsuccessful. I'll give it ago.