Values for NV change withn a clip?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Red Sanders

Values for NV change withn a clip?

Post by Red Sanders »

Intel Duel core 2, 2 GB RAM, Windows XP (SP3); Premier Elements 3. Video captured from VHS tape.

I have used NV a few times. I am currently working on a clip that is about 54 minutes long, I set the Temporal filter radius = 4. Since the tape is of football play with much motion, I set the Temporal filter to 30, and the Adptive filtration to 1, and rendered.

Following rendeirng, I've just noticed that the values for these three variables change in the "Properties" area of Premier Elements as I move through the clip. That is, at the start of the clip, the values are 1, 100, 0. At 27 minutes through the tape, the values are 2, 52, 0. At the end of the clip, they are 4, 30, 1.

Is this normai??
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It is normal, it is a feature of Premiere Elements itself. Premiere Elements is able to let user change the parameters of the filter applied to a clip in different parts of the timeline. User can utilize this Premiere Elements capability and in fact set different values of the parameters (of any filter, not only Neat Video), or can simply use the same parameters for the whole clip. The filter itself does not change them, this is done by user and assisted by Premiere Elements.

Please refer to Premiere Elements' documentation to see how you can adjust these settings in different parts of the clip (or keep them constant).

Thank you,
Vlad
Red Sanders

Post by Red Sanders »

Thanks for the quick reply.

These changes are seen within a single clip, not in different clips in a captured squence. The clip was selected, then NV was added, and numbers were entered. However, after rendering, there appears to be different numbers throughout the clip. The only way I know to apply different numbers to a clip is either to enter key frames, or to split the clip into two or more clips, and apply different numbers. Neither of these were done. What am I missing?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do you use filter parameter animation (feature of Premiere Elements) in that one clip? That is sufficient to make the parameters change (of course you also have to manually make them different in different parts of the clip).

Vlad
Red Sanders

Post by Red Sanders »

Hmmm...Filter parameter animation...sounds like an interesting feature... but couldn't find it in PE help, or in their online forum. Anyway, no, didn't use that either. Maybe I should just watch closely what happens on the next tape and see what in the world that I might have done to create this spectrum of values.

Of course, still would very much welcome any other questions or suggestions, and thanks NVTeam for staying with the topic.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I checked yesterday, the section that explains that was called "Animating effects". You can search for "keyframes" and will find it.

Hope this helps,
Vlad