Noise Reduction - DPX format issue

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Rareboy

Noise Reduction - DPX format issue

Post by Rareboy »

Hello guys, just wanted to ask if Noise Reduction plugin doesnt work correctly with certain formats for example: DPX, because when I applied noise reduction to DPX format footage I recognized flickering problem but when I applied it to the same footage just converted to AVI format it worked perfectly. Have somebody experienced same issue?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please note that it is Resolve who reads/writes files saved in any specific format, not any of its plug-ins. So it is possible that Resolve itself has some problems with that specific format, which results in that flickers.

We do not currently have any test case allowing to reproduce this problem. If you could prepare and send it to support[at]neatvideo.com, then we would study the problem in details and then reported the bug to Resolve developers.

Thank you,
Vlad
Rareboy

Post by Rareboy »

I understand what you mean but I edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, I just dropped DPX sequence in to the timeline and applied Noise Reduction. Maybe as you mentioned this, Premiere can have some issues too with DPX files
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If it uses the same codec to read the DPX files then it is very much possible. In any case, it is the host application who reads the source files, and does that using the video codecs corresponding to the video files.

Vlad
Rareboy

Post by Rareboy »

Would that help you guys if I will post links to the dropbox of original video and video with applied noise reduction? So you can see what type of flickering I am getting ...
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Just seeing the problem would not help much. This would demonstrate it but would not help to diagnose and solve it.

A better way is to send (to support[at]neatvideo.com) a link to the dropbox with a test case - a project for Resolve or for Premiere and source media files.

We would download the project, run it in the corresponding host application, reproduce the problem and then identify its cause and find a solution.

Thank you,
Vlad