De-Noising drops out at end of clips

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Amos McWoods

De-Noising drops out at end of clips

Post by Amos McWoods »

Hi all, searched the forum for a thread about any similar problems with a solution, and didn't find any so apologies in advance if this has been discussed (please provide a link if so)

I'm using Neat Video to de-noise scanned Super 8 and 16mm film footage. This is a recent problem, that began I think around the time I got a 2k camera for my scanner. The scanner software exports as MOV files, no way around this that I know of so that's what I'm importing into Sony Vegas (same file type as the stock camera software anyway, so pretty sure that's not causing the problem).

After I import the file I want to edit, I split it up into clips on the timeline so I can tweak each shot seperately, then render the clips all together as one video. On playback, Neat Video seems to stop working near the end of each clip. When the next clip starts, it works again, then same thing...it drops out again near the end of that clip as well. And so on and so on, until the end of the rendered video. It does this whether I'm rendering an individual clip, 2-3 clips, or the whole thing. It also does it whether I'm rendering to a .wmv or mpeg-4.

Any ideas?
Windows 7 x64
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
2 TB HDD, WD black
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-6500 @3.20 GHz
Gigabyte GE Force GTX 1060
Sony Vegas pro 15
NVTeam

Re: De-Noising drops out at end of clips

Post by NVTeam »

Do you apply Neat Video to each individual clip as Event FX?

Please try to create a fresh new test project with 1-2 copies of the clip from the testkit
and verify whether the problem is reproducible in that project.

Please also make sure you run the latest version 4.7 of the plug-in.

Thank you,
Vlad
Amos McWoods

Post by Amos McWoods »

Hi, thank you for your response!

No, I first applied the NeatVideo plugin to the entire reel (about 3 min MOV file) as Event FX, then created an auto noise profile, then adjusted filter settings, then split up the file into smaller clips to make color/contrast adjustments for each shot, then, if I felt it was necessary, made a new noise profile for one or more clips. I thought maybe re-profiling was causing the issue, but ran some tests and that didn't seem to be causing it.

I tried downloading the latest version of NeatVideo (4.7), and that didn't change anything either. Then I ran some more tests, and I think I have figured out the problem. When I first load a clip into a new project in Vegas, it will ask if I want to match the project settings to the imported file. If I click yes, the above problem occurs. If I click no, it seems to work properly. If I have already said yes to one clip, I have to start an entirely new project, otherwise it will keep doing it without asking again.

Thanks again, if it happens again I will try the testkit footage in the link you posted!! :D
Windows 7 x64
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
2 TB HDD, WD black
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-6500 @3.20 GHz
Gigabyte GE Force GTX 1060
Sony Vegas pro 15
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I am glad you could find a solution. We are also trying to reproduce this on our computers but so far it is working properly.
If you can prepare a small test project allowing to reproduce the problem, please kindly send it (the project and source clip)
to us to help us reproduce that issue.

Thank you,
Vlad