Premiere Pro 2015 crashes on export when neat video is used

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
juke1225

Premiere Pro 2015 crashes on export when neat video is used

Post by juke1225 »

Hi,

I have an 8 core amd system with 32gig ram and R9-380x graphics card. I've updated everything, drivers, etc. the software is still crashing on export for my film. The film has been done for weeks and I can't do export tests anymore. It's very frustrating and there are some shots where I straight up need neat video to fix. Is there any fix for this problem besides removing the effect from clips?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hi,

1. Please collect the crash details (the error message you receive when that happens) and send those to support [at] neatvideo.com for analysis.

2. Please also create a fresh new test project with one short clip and try to reproduce the crash this way. If it is reproducible, please send that test project with the source clip to support as well. Please add a description of steps that should be taken to make it crash (perhaps export settings, etc.).

3. Please check whether GPU is enabled in Neat Video Preferences and whether the Optimize Setting test works without errors.
Please check and confirm the version of the video driver you use.
Please also check if the crashes are reproducible if you set Neat Video to use the CPU only.

Thank you,
Vlad
juke1225

Post by juke1225 »

Thanks for the detailed response. For crash details I will have to get after the next time it crashes. I don't know where to go to get that either.

I tried a test where I removed the neat video attribute from entire timeline and I was able to get a successful render and high quality export to work without failing. I then changed the settings in neat video to use both CPU and GPU. Previously it was only set to CPU. I started adding neat video back in to clips where only absolutely necessary and had one failed render this morning.

One other question I have is is it batter to add neat video on top of a nested clips or on the original clip in the nest? I always wondered if this effected anything.

Thanks
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please contact support by e-mail, they will help to find the old logs.

Regarding nested clips, it is better to add the filter on top (not inside) of a Nested Sequence, because that helps to avoid a known Premiere bug.

Thank you,
Vlad