Neat Video after Lumetri Color is MASSIVELY slower

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
stevegreentechy

Neat Video after Lumetri Color is MASSIVELY slower

Post by stevegreentechy »

Is this a bug in the plugin or a Premiere Pro issue?
When I have Lumetri Color before Reduce Noise v4 the preview in the monitor and render times increase exponentially.

When I put Reduce Noise v4 before Lumetri Color then it is fairly quick with each 4K frame previewing in a couple of seconds and the render time is 13 mins vs 30 hours.

Here is a video of the issue on YouTube that I just made. Apologies for the poor quality.

https://youtu.be/xAFxwiUczYI
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This seems to be a bug in Lumetri/Premiere. We have already reported it to Adobe.

Thank you,
Vlad
VidPar

Re: Neat Video after Lumetri Color is MASSIVELY slower

Post by VidPar »

This makes Neat Video completely unusable with Lumetri color.

My 480 frame render took over 30 mins.

It's been 14 months since NVteam says there's a "bug" reported to Adobe, but one might think they'd take this more seriously, as it means essentially tat their product is no ineffective and useless.

What's the work around, do no color correction?

too bad. NV used to be a helpful tool.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

A possible workaround is to place Lumetri after Neat Video. Using a nested sequence may help too.

The proper solution is to motivate Adobe to fix the bug on their side. Please write to them. The more people do, the more likely they will listen.

Vlad
imaginary

Post by imaginary »

Would be great to find a workaround as also my rendering times are getting unreasonable long.
"A possible workaround is to place Lumetri after Neat Video. "
What does this mean in practice? Usually the effects (like Neat and Lumetri) are after placing them in the same effect controls. Also, have you tried does it have effect if you place the lumetri in to adjustment layer and Neat straight into the clip? Will try this out myself as soon as I have time.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

> What does this mean in practice?

Usually you can simply drag Reduce Noise v4 line above the Lumetri line in the stack of effects applied to the clip.
This way Neat Video's Reduce Noise v4 is processed first and Lumetri is processed after it. This way Lumetri has less of
a negative effect on the performance of Premiere render. Hopefully the bug in Lumetri will be fixed eventually and
that will not be make a difference anymore.