Out of sync in Vegas Platinum 8

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
alfamick

Out of sync in Vegas Platinum 8

Post by alfamick »

I'm using NeatVideo in Vegas Platinum 8, and it does an amazing job!!!

However, the rendered video is out of sync with the audio. If I load it back up with the original, it seems the video is 3 frames delayed but the audio is exactly as it was. I can fix it by moving the video 3 frames left, but it seems like a bug?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I am glad Neat Video is working well in Vegas Platinum 8 for you.

Regarding the audio-video sync, this issue is caused by poor Vegas' support for external plug-ins that work with more than one video frame at a time. The ultimate solution would be to fix the plug-in interface in Vegas itself. Workarounds can be: moving the video, not using temporal filtration in NV (leading to lower quality filtration).

We discussed this Vegas issue some time ago in this thread. Unfortunately, Sony engineers have not addressed this issue so far, despite many requests from Vegas users.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
alfamick

Post by alfamick »

Thanks for the reply.

I need to use temporal filtration to fix some really noisy video, but it's no real problem to go on adjusting the finished video by 3 frames.

Neat Video has done an amazing job fixing up some interview footage that I really didn't want to have to re-shoot.
henyort

Post by henyort »

Or simple...you just render your videos without any audio..then when finish
you just place back your audio and finish up your project...a simple and easy way to avoid audio sync problems...matter of fact i prefer working this way, by de-noising all videos that needs cleaning first and then do my editing...no problems.