Serious Problem with Memory Block error...

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
StormMarc

Serious Problem with Memory Block error...

Post by StormMarc »

I'm using the latest After Effects version of NV Pro and I'm getting the same memory block error the people are complaining about in the previous thread with Premiere and Vegas. It's making it impossible to work because once it comes up it never go away and you have to shut down AE to get rid of it.

THE ERROR READS:

After Effects: Out of memory. (3038K requested (23::40)

click ok

NEXT BOX READS:

Neat video cannot get free memory block gtom the operating system (or plug-in host). (3110400-byte memory block is requested) Please make more memory available for application and retry.

click ok

This error message repeats indefinately until I shut down AE using END TASK.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Looks like NV is asking AE to provide a relatively small amount of memory (3MB) and AE is failing to provide it. AE first reports its failure to get the required free memory from Windows and then NV says the same once again when no memory is provided by AE on request. There is not much NV can do in a situation like that when AE is failing to provide enough memory.

We can try to analyze the reasons why there was not enough memory in the first place and try to prevent that situation. If you can e-mail me a sample project that allows to reproduce the effect then it will be easier to identify the cause. If you cannot reproduce the effect using a short clip, it still can be useful to see an actual sample of the clip you work with. Please describe your project in an e-mail and if possible include a sample project for analysis.

Thank you,
Vlad
StormMarc

Post by StormMarc »

Thanks for the reply. I'll get you a project file ASAP. In the meantime the workaround is to just have one composition open in a project. I do not get the error until I try to use Neat Video in more than one composition in the same project. My computer is fairly high end. Dual Zeon with 4 gigs of ram in XP pro.

Regards, Marc