Prolonged render time solutions

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
wtg

Prolonged render time solutions

Post by wtg »

I love the quality of the noise reduction but render times are way off the charts. It took about 18 hours to render about 40 minutes of low light, high noise HDV material in Premiere CS3 on a quad core 2.83 Ghz, 4GB RAM, XP Pro SP3 machine running about 80-90% CPU usage during that time.
1. Did I do something wrong? or
2. Is there a better way? or
3. Is there the possibility of GPU render on future releases?

Thanks, terry
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Depending on specific size (in pixels) of the those HDV frames, the speed may be about right for that hardware.

You can disable some parts of the filter (like disabling filtration in some of the channels, disabling very low frequency option, disabling high quality option, disabling temporal filter, etc.) to achieve higher speed but quality will then become lower as well. Generally, NV gives preference to quality over the processing time. If you want to keep the high quality then you have to give NV some time for quality processing.

Vlad
wtg

Post by wtg »

Thanks for the reply. I certainly prefer the quality end result. Most of my rendering occurs overnight so it's not to big of a deal.

So it seems that NV is CPU render only. Would going to a dual quad core Xeon system make much difference? I've thought about that as my next system.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, a fast multi-core processor and fast system memory will speed up NV rendering. Neat Video takes advantage of all available cores and 8 cores are certainly better than 4.

Vlad
wtg

Post by wtg »

Thanks for the info !!