Couldn't get NV to work with CS3

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
vnguyen972

Couldn't get NV to work with CS3

Post by vnguyen972 »

Hi, I purchased the filter and downloaded the latest version... but I couldn't get it to work... it shows perfectly on its setup page, then I click "Apply"... and it doesn't really show at the timeline Preview... Then I render the work area that i applied the effect to and still no show... what did I do wrong?
Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This is strange. Perhaps a problem in the project or NV setup.

I will now send you an e-mail with some things to try.

Vlad
vnguyen972

Post by vnguyen972 »

Thank you... I'd love to try different things to make it work... I'm working with HDV if that matters.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I sent you the e-mail about 9 hours ago so it should be in your e-mail box now (maybe in spam folder :-) ). I hope it will help.

Vlad
Last edited by NVTeam on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vnguyen972

Post by vnguyen972 »

Okay. I found the email yeah, it went to spam folder ;-)
Thanks.. i will try it first thing when I got home from work.
vnguyen972

Still doesn't work!

Post by vnguyen972 »

Hi, I tried things you suggested in the email and still it doesn't work for me. My Project is an HDV 24p project and neither in Timeline Preview window with Highest quality set or "Render" the applied work area of the footage, I do not see any difference.
Please help. You mentioned that I could send you a test project. I can do that... but is there a way I could send you the video as well? it's in HD so it's kinda big.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please try to cut out a small piece, like 1 second or so, and send it to the same e-mail address.

Alternatively, you can download our sample clip and try to set up a new simple project using this clip. If the problem is generic then this new project with a smaller clip will show the same effect as well. And then it will be sufficient to send only the project itself because I already have the clip.

Thank you,
Vlad
vnguyen972

Post by vnguyen972 »

Okay. I tried everything and I think I figured out what the problem was.

Everything should work the way it supposed to be. I tried on both sample clip and my HDV clip and it did show the effect to works when Applied.

BUT

If I went back in the setting and rebuilt the profile then on "Noise Filter Settings" tab, I click "Filter Preset" to select a "preset" like "Filter and Sharpen", then apply again... It then stops working... there's nothing applied on the clip... then I went back in and tried what I originally had... and it never works again... I deleted the sequence, tried a new one... nothing will make the plugin works again....

This really sucks. Any help would be much appreciated... or I have to request for a refund.

Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We can of course refund it, no problem, but I am interested in what is done differently on your computer. I try to repeat the same scenario:
1) create a new project with the testkit clip;
2) add NV to the clip; (only NV)
3) go to NV setup;
4) in Device Noise Profile tab, build a profile using Auto Profile without manual adjustments;
5) in Noise Filter Settings tab, select any available filter preset;
6) click Preview and check preview inside NV (OK);
7) click Apply;
8) check Premiere preview on several frames in the timeline; (OK)
9) go to step 3.

and it works correctly for me after first and after several more iterations. I always see some difference in the preview, both in NV and Premiere.

So, I am wondering about two things now:
1) whether my scenario is exactly the same as yours;
2) whether you can skip some of the steps between 3 and 7 and still get the same no-filtration effect on your computer; that would help us localize the trouble spot.

Also, I would greatly appreciate if you sent me a screenshot of the Premiere window showing the Timeline, Effects Controls and Preview window before and after NV effect disappears. It is possible that some other controls in Premiere are affecting the preview so it worth checking the whole picture.

One more thing, I have understood that NV works again if you restart Premiere, is that correct?

Thank you,
Vlad
vnguyen972

Thank you

Post by vnguyen972 »

Hi, I just want to say thank you to the NV Support Team to help me to figure out what the problem was for me when using Neat Video.

It turned out to be that I had a software running in the background (UltraMon) that interferes with the way NV loads its presets via the "open file" window.

I'm sure they'll fix it in the future version if many people is having the same issue...

At least now, I can get it to work as it supposed to... all i have to do is to make sure UltraMon isn't running.

Thanks again and appreciate the patient with me.