Neat Video Pro and Vegas Pro 8 - unprocessed area

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Nedwob

Neat Video Pro and Vegas Pro 8 - unprocessed area

Post by Nedwob »

I have several old HI8 videos (PAL) with a peculiar noise problem - short white noise lines at random over the frame. The noise seems to be on alternate frames, and is visible on capture device and captured media.

It is not present in all videos taken on this camcorder.

I am editing in Vegas 8 Pro.

Tests with Demo Neat Video showed that it could make things better so I have just bought the Pro PlugIn for Vegas. I am having a problem finding a large blank area, and the best quality I have achieved so far is around 25%.

When a clip with the plug-in is played back, noise reduction is quite good, but the playback has a small area - say approx. 100 pixels square near the right hand side of the frames, that seems to be 'floating' and is misaligned with the remainder of the frame.

Any ideas please?

Nedwob
NVTeam

Re: Neat Video Pro and Vegas Pro 8 - unprocessed area

Post by NVTeam »

Nedwob wrote:I have several old HI8 videos (PAL) with a peculiar noise problem - short white noise lines at random over the frame. The noise seems to be on alternate frames, and is visible on capture device and captured media.
This sounds like some kind of interference, not really noise.
Nedwob wrote:I am editing in Vegas 8 Pro.

Tests with Demo Neat Video showed that it could make things better so I have just bought the Pro PlugIn for Vegas. I am having a problem finding a large blank area, and the best quality I have achieved so far is around 25%.
This shouldn't really be a problem as long as you get good results in Neat Video built-in preview and in Vegas preview.
Nedwob wrote:When a clip with the plug-in is played back, noise reduction is quite good, but the playback has a small area - say approx. 100 pixels square near the right hand side of the frames, that seems to be 'floating' and is misaligned with the remainder of the frame.
This sounds unusual. Could you e-mail (to support (at) neatvideo.com) a sample 'before' and 'after' clip showing this effect? I hope we will be able to identify the cause of that effect.

Thank you,
Vlad