Neat Video not working at all - "Failed to Render"

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
kinkersnick

Neat Video not working at all - "Failed to Render"

Post by kinkersnick »

I downloaded the demo of NV for FCP to test it out, and was impressed so have just bought the full Pro version.
However, now when I apply it to a clip, the Canvas screen goes bright red with the message "The effect "Reduce Noise" failed to render."
If I go into the effects controls, and click on Options, a window appears saying:

"Information

The plug-in host has not provided a frame to Neat Video plug-in.

Please make sure:
-Reduce Noise effect is enabled in the host's Filter tab;
-a frame from this clip is selected in the video sequenc (use Timeline to select a frame);
-render quality is not low and resolution is full.

If this doesn't help, please disable and re-enable Reduce Noise effect in filters tab."

Well the filter is enabled, a frame is selected, and the render quality is on full. Have tried turning it on and off to no avail. Help!
Have to finish the post on a project today if possible and was really hoping to use NV prior to colour correction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

So the Demo did work? You must be doing something differently now, when you apply the effect to the clip. Have you added Neat Video again or you installed the Pro plug-in and re-opened the project saved earlier with the Demo? It should work if add the filter the same way you did that with the Demo.

Remember to make sure that you adjust the settings of the right instance of the filter - the one applied to the clip you are working with. To be sure, double-click the clip, this will synchronize the panels with this clip.

Please try to create a simple test project with one clip and add the filter it it. Please let me know if you still get any error message.

Thank you,
Vlad
kinkersnick

Post by kinkersnick »

Hey,

Not sure exactly what went wrong, but I think it must have been because I just installed the proper version on top of the demo version, because when I completely removed it from my hard disk, re-installed the full one and tried again it worked fine.
Thanks!

Steve