Neat Video cannot get free memory block from o/s ...

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Nigel

Neat Video cannot get free memory block from o/s ...

Post by Nigel »

Hi, just purchased Neat Video Pro for Sony Vegas Pro 10 (32 bit version) and am using it to clean up some HDV 1440x1080/50i footage.

I am getting the following error:
Line: 185
Function: Malloc
Error: Neat Video cannot get free memory block from operating system (or plug-in host)
(4910624-byte memory block is requested from:925b0fca)

Please make more memory for application and retry

When I click on OK, the same message appears endlessly. I cannot clear it
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Is this reproducable with a small short clip in a new test project? If it is reproducable, could you send us this test project for direct analysis?

Please send us an e-mail (to support [at] neatvideo.com) with more details about your system, probably a test project and clip for that project. We will try to help.

Thank you,
Vlad
Nigel

Re: Malloc error

Post by Nigel »

What do you mean by a test project? A Vegas veg file?

It is reproducible in that I can either be in the plug-in simply adjusting the settings, or copying and pasting event attributes within Vegas when the error pops up. Sometimes it clears long enough for me to save the project. It is not a show stopper for me. I will see if I can repeat it in the 64 bit version of Vegas Pro.

This multi-cam edit/project was 95% complete and I am using Vasst's Quadcam plug-in to switch takes. It is not possible to start 'afresh' and denoise the media before editing, so I was applying the plug-in to individual events on the time line when this error occurred.

Your tech support has emailed me some suggestions to try (he must have seen this post).

I was getting good pretty results without the Neat Video plugin by simply rendering from HDV to DVD. It's an interesting phenomenon I have experienced before.

In relation to the plug-in, it seemed to soften the footage which is 99% ambient indoor lighting. The graininess is only noticeable on the editing monitor, but once rendered, largely disappears.

Using the plug-in emphasises shadows or the "five o'clock" shadow that appears on one of the speakers faces in my footage. This is not a complaint, but a consequence of using the plug-in. Sharpening gives an unnatural appearance, so I will leave that footage alone. The client refused to let me use good light, and I did explain the consequences. I will do what I can within reason.

I have used the plug-in where the lighting was a bit better, but left it off in the really poorly lit scenes.

My system specs: Intel i7 920, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 10 (X64), Vista x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, a veg file and a video clip used in that test project - all necessary to start rendering the project and reproduce the issue. Of course it may be not directly reproducable, and then it will be more difficult to diagnose, but if you can easily reproduce it in such a fresh test project with just a few second clip then it will greatly help.

Vlad
fracolon

Problems with Net video error Malloc on Premiere

Post by fracolon »

I am having the same issue whereas I get a unable to free memory block and I when I reopen my project I am unable to release Neat video plungins from project to see if that solves it...most of my project has the plungin...

The software locks up and shuts down....I am one week into and my deadline is approaching fast...

I have spend days syncronizing....should I undinstall?....

here is a link to download the error message jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17647801/error.jpg
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do you use the latest build of the plug-in? Please re-download the latest one and install it over the old one.

Which version of Premiere is it?

Vlad
fracolon

Post by fracolon »

Premiere CS3 - what I have noticed is that, the larger the files in a project the more problematic it becomes using the plugin - I had to separate the project to 10 minute project and it runs stable.

But once I get in with using the plugin on a large project, especial with a multiple camera edit it becomes very unstable.

I will download and reinstall

I will post a test reply
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I highly recommend to upgrade to PS CS5 if you work with large projects. PR CS5 is 64-bit, so it can use much more memory and the memory issues do not even arise. As compared with that, the 32-bit CS3 is always limited by 2-3GB or RAM, even if you have more RAM installed.

Vlad