Dark Frames

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
zombiefacey

Dark Frames

Post by zombiefacey »

I'm using FCP 6 w/ Neat Video 2.6 (which should be the most recent FCP update). I'm running into a strange problem that I haven't been able to find on this forum or via google. When I apply NV to the clips in my edit very often the first and/or the last frame of the clip is significantly darker than the rest of the clip. (There is a lot of grain in all the shots, so NV is applied to everything).

In the past I've noticed that this was somehow related to copying and pasting the filter onto clips. So, I dragged it onto every single individual clip and applied it, but the problem is still occurring.

I've tried trashing render files and re-rendering, I've tried cutting the last frame (the dark frame) off from the rest of the clip and taking NV off of that frame, but that just causes the dark frame to move back to the frame just before that one... I've tried dragging the affected clips under the clips that follow (hoping that the dark frame would be covered by them) but the dark frame just stays where it is.

I'm not really sure how to fix this issue beyond exporting the entire edit and just applying NV to the export (which is obviously less than ideal). Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark
NVTeam

Re: Dark Frames

Post by NVTeam »

zombiefacey wrote:the first and/or the last frame of the clip is significantly darker than the rest of the clip.
This is an indication of using an incorrectly / inaccurately built noise profile that doesn't correctly describe the noise properties of the current clip.

Please re-build the noise profile in the clip, make sure you build it correctly, for example following the recomendations of the Building a Good Noise Profile tutorial.

Thank you,
Vlad