Final Cut Pro losing Render

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Jaw327

Final Cut Pro losing Render

Post by Jaw327 »

I'm using Neat Video noise reduction on a rather large project and so far I think it is great, easily the best noise reduction plugin out there. However I am having a problem with FCP and my render files.

For example if I apply Neat Video to a few clips in the timeline and then render them everything seems great but after I save and close final cut pro and then reopen it, I have to re-render those same clips. Not only do I have to re-render them but I actually have to turn the plugin off, turn it back on and re-anylize the footage.

At first I though maybe my render files were being deleted somehow but when I went looking for them they were all there. Somehow they just weren't connecting to the clips.

The footage is ProRes Proxy, the render files are stored on a separate hard drive from the footage, not sure if that could cause the problem. I am also not sure if the problem is just FCP and Lion. I have heard of other plugins running poorly on FPC 7 and OS X Lion.

Any help would be great.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, it looks like the problem is indeed in Lion. We have a notice about that problem in OSX 10.7.0 and 10.7.1:
There is a bug in the Mac OSX Lion (versions 10.7.0 and 10.7.1) that shows up in FCP7 running Neat Video plug-in. This bug in Lion causes FCP7 to not save (and therefore lose) the filter settings (profile and preset). The bug affects any FCP plug-in that uses custom parameters, it is not specific to Neat Video. The bug can be fixed by Apple through an OSX update. If you need to use FCP7 with Neat Video plug-in before the bug is fixed by Apple in OSX 10.7, please run FCP7 in OSX 10.6 or 10.5 instead.
Other plug-in developers reported the same issue in OSX 10.7 as well.

At this point, there seem to be only two possible solutions regarding use of plug-ins affected by this Lion bug: to use FCP7 in older versions of OSX or to wait for Apple to fix that issue in OSX 10.7.

Vlad