Using with Green Screen Footage

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
PSNYC

Using with Green Screen Footage

Post by PSNYC »

I just tried the Demo version of Neat Video and I love how it works. Before I buy it I just wanted to see if I could fix one problem.

I have an interview that has a ton of noise on it. I'm working in AE and when I key out the green, but my background in, and then use Neat Video a little green comes back in my shot. It's a little spill around my subject and while it isn't a lot it is noticeable.

When I take the effect off the spill is gone to so it must be coming from Neat Video. How can I remove it?

Thanks!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We will need a test case (a small project with one short clip, 2-3 seconds) allowing to reproduce the issue. Please prepare such a test case and send it (the project and clip together) to support [at] neatvideo.com. We will check it and try to suggest a solution.

Thank you,
Vlad
dkitsov

Post by dkitsov »

I frankly would put the neat video as a first in a chain. By the nature of how it works in After Effects you must put Neat Video first in a stack or pre-compose the keyed footage and the apply the Neat Video to a precomp.
You would want to denoise the footage before keying it anyhow.
What you are seeing is a result of neat video cancelling some of the final compositing features of your keying plugin (one assumes Keylight). This features come after the actual keyng and serve to despill, blur the matte etc.
Neat video somehow interrupts this process This is not a fault of Neat Video developers, but rather a way after effects works